Thursday, September 17, 2009

Goodie MOb: Cee-lo Green

Cee-lo Green of Goodie MOb, "Thought Process" Soul Food (1995)
"Sometimes I don't even know how I'm gon' eat
'Bout twenty dollars away from being on the street
Shit, you might see a nigga on tv
But hell it's almost like I'm rappin' for free
That little money be gone...god dammit, I'm grown
Gotta help keep the heat and lights on
It would be nice to have more but I kinda like being poor
At least I know what my friends here for."

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN91GJ4rYDw

Goodie MOb is an acronym for: The Good Die Mostly Over Bullshit. Amen. And it is nice to know what you're friends are here for. Good friends with OutKast, members of the Dungeon Family. Cee-lo Green is best known these days for being the singing half of the duo Gnarls Barkley, teamed up with producer Danger Mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment